PLANNING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT
COURTHOUSE, 311 S. MAIN ST., JEFFERSON, WI53549
ROOM 201 PHONE 920-674-7130 FAX 920-674-7525
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Jefferson County Comprehensive Plan and Farmland Preservation Plan Public Hearing
Please be advised that Jefferson County will be convening a public hearing in regards to the draft versions of the County Comprehensive Plan and Farmland Preservation Plan (Agricultural Preservation and Land Use Plan). The public hearing will be held virtually on Zoom and in-person at the County Board Room (Room 205) of the Jefferson County Courthouse at 311 S. Center Ave, Jefferson on December 8th.
Jefferson County Board of Supervisors Public Hearing
December 8th – 7:00 p.m.
In-Person: Room 205 Jefferson County Courthouse, Webinar
Register in advance to attend via webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
A decision on the draft plans will not occur on December 8th. The Planning and Zoning Committee and Executive Committee will review the draft plans and provide a recommendation to the County Board of Supervisors on December 30th.
The purpose of this hearing is to gather public comments on the Jefferson County Comprehensive Plan and Agricultural Preservation and Land Use Plans.
Digital versions of each plan are available online at the project website:
Information on these plans, as well as the current plans, are available for review at the Jefferson County Planning and Zoning Department, Room 201 in the Jefferson County Courthouse, during normal business hours. Comments will be accepted at this meeting, or may be submitted to Paul Chellevold by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) through November 25th, 2020. For more information regarding this public hearing or the draft plans please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 920-674-7131.
All interested parties will be heard.
Director of Planning and Zoning
Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week which takes place November 15th- 23rd, 2020. Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week is an annual movement to bring people together across the country to draw attention to issues surrounding hunger and homelessness.
In the state of Wisconsin in 2018, on average 8 people were homeless per 10,000 people in the general population. In Jefferson County, there are approximately 530 people who are homeless and an additional 1,400 people who are doubling up or living in substandard housing.
Here is how you can help:
- Donate money to the Hunger and Homelessness Donation Drive organized by the Jefferson County Health Department and Human Services using Paypal. These donations will be used to purchase lodging, gas, food, personal essentials, and other necessary items by case workers for people seeking services at the county.
- Contact your local food pantry to see what food donations they currently need and donate. For a listing of food pantries go here: Jefferson County Food Pantry Coalition
- Volunteer for Ruby’s Food Pantry in Jefferson, WI every 3rd Wednesdays of the month: https://rubyspantry.org/home
- Donate to the Fort Atkinson Homeless Coalition, Tel (920) 387-2063
- For people who need housing or access to food contact:
- Community Action Coalition Tel (920) 262-9667
- Call 211 for community resources
- Jefferson County Human Services for mental health and substance use services Tel (920) 674-3105
Jefferson County is continuing to develop its 10-year update of the County Comprehensive Plan and Agricultural Preservation and Land Use Plan. The planning process is built from community input and a regional meeting will be held to gain input from residents about the desired future of Jefferson County. You are invited to participate in this virtual and in-person engagement opportunity to provide direct input on plan materials and recommendations.
Wednesday, November 11th – 4:30-6:00 p.m.
(This is both an in-person and virtual ZOOM meeting – see instructions below)
Wednesday, November 11th – 4:30-6:00 p.m.
(In-person and Virtual) at Jefferson County Courthouse, 311 S. Center Avenue, Board Room 205, Jefferson, WI
* In-person meetings will strictly adhere to the COVID-19 Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for sanitation, social distancing, and gathering requirements.
To join the VIRTUAL MEETING please use the following link and password or use the phone number to connect via phone.
Phone: +1 312 626 6799
Webinar ID: 959 6662 7676 Password: 396573
To join the IN-PERSON MEETING, come to the Jefferson County Courthouse between 4:30 and 6:00 p.m. to participate.
Participants will be invited to provide feedback that will guide the content of final plans. Staff will be available to answer any questions.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the upcoming meetings. Thank you for your participation!
Please reach out to Matt Zangl, Director – Planning and Zoning at 920-674-8638 for more information.
HEALTH ALERT FROM JEFFERSON COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Jefferson County is currently experiencing significant and uncontrolled spread of COVID-19 in our communities. We have seen a rapid increase in the number of daily new cases in past weeks, and the number of cases continues to accelerate upwards. Our capacity for testing, case investigation, and contact tracing to effectively identify and control the spread of the virus has become increasingly strained.
Our goal remains to contact all confirmed cases within 24 hours of being reported to the health department, but due to the current surge in cases and our capacity, we are not able to consistently meet this objective.
At this time, we will no longer be calling those individuals who are close contacts of a positive case. We will now ask positively confirmed individuals to notify their close contacts of their exposure to COVID-19.
WE ARE SEEKING HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE.
Currently, test results are taking up to 5-7 days. To keep our community safe, we ask you to remain isolated while awaiting your test results. You will be notified of ALL results, positive or negative, by your healthcare provider or testing facility.
If you have tested positive, we need you to do the following:
• Stay home and isolate for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset. If you did not have symptoms and were tested, remain isolated for 10 days from the date of testing. For detailed instructions go to : https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p02627.pdf.
• Notify your employer.
• Notify your close contacts asking them to quarantine for 14 days from the last day of contact with you.
The Public Health Guidelines we know to be effective in reducing the spread of COVID-19 remain unchanged. We are urging the community to follow these guidelines to reduce the further spread of COVID-19 in our community.
• Stay home, wear a face covering, and maintain physical distance from others (at least 6 feet) Stay at home as much as possible and especially if you are sick. Cancel events and avoid groups, gatherings, play dates, and nonessential appointments.
• Avoid unnecessary activities and travel within the community that puts you in contact with others and stay away from group gatherings. Cases are resulting from a variety of situations in which people move about the community and gather, including parties, reunions, weddings, places of work and school.
Please see the Jefferson County websites for additional information and resources:
Fair Park Activity Center
503 N. Jackson Avenue
Jefferson, WI 53549
The public is invited to watch tonight’s meeting on YouTube Livestream or attend the meeting at the Jefferson County Fair Park Activity Center. We expect a capacity audience tonight.
If you watch the meeting on YouTube and would like to participate in the public comment portion of the meeting remotely you can register below using Zoom. Please note there is a delay between YouTube and the live meeting.
Please note: This registration is for public comment participants only. The meeting can only be viewed on YouTube.
Register in advance to participate in Public Comment:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
To the City of Lake Mills voters in County Board Supervisor, District 13:
Ed Morse’s name was erroneously left on your ballot. He filed a notification of non-candidacy and is not running for this office.
Anita J. Martin is the correct candidate for County Board Supervisor District 13.
We apologize for any confusion this may cause.
Click HERE to read the Article in the Lake Mills Leader