HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
No new applications for Marriage Licenses, Domestic Partnerships and Passports are started after 3:30 p.m. as well as any other counter services.
We can help with:
- DNR License
- Notary Public Services
- Certain Records Requests
- Temporary License Plate
We cannot help with:
- Fines & Court - Clerk of Courts (1st floor)
- Child Support - 2nd floor (2nd floor)
- Taxes - Treasurer's Office (1st floor)
- Birth Certificates - Register of Deeds (1st floor)
- Property Questions - Register of Deeds or Land Information (1st floor)
County Clerk, Barbara A. Frank
Jefferson County Courthouse
311 S. Center Ave. Rm. 109
Jefferson, WI 53549
Phone: (920) 674-8630
Fax: (920) 674-7368
Monday - Friday
Hours 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Thank You & Have a Great Day!
This department functions under the direction of the County Clerk, who is an elected official.
Authorization for the County Clerk's Office is listed under Wis. Stats. 59.17. The County Clerk's office performs a variety of tasks, both statutorily required and not required, including
- Act as Clerk at all County Board Meeting
- Apportion State and County taxes together with special charges to the municipal town/village/city clerks by December 1st each year.
- Prepare and distribute ballots and the canvass/return of votes in all elections
- Filing County Officers official oaths and code of ethics
- Issue marriage, domestic partnership, dog, and Department of Natural Resource (DNR) licenses including ATV, UTV, Snowmobile and Boat Renewals
- Compiles, prints, and distributes the official County directory along with monthly updating of directory on website
- Issue temporary auto/truck license plates
- Issue passports and passport photos
- Issue property tax deeds and sign deeds transferring County property
- Files bills presented for consideration in State Assembly and Senate
- Reviews, coordinates, administers and participates in negotiations of both contracts and claims for workers compensation, health, dental, liability, and property insurance coverage for the County
- Publish required election notices in newspapers
- Provides services to 12 towns/villages/cities under the Wisvote
- Program voting machines for both standard and handicapped accessible machines.