ALTPETER COUNTY PARK
Altpeter Park, located in the North Shore area of Lake Koshkonong on Lamp Road, was donated to the Town of Sumner in 1956 by Edward and May Altpeter for the sum of $1 for the purpose of creating a playground area for local residents. In 1977 the Town of Sumner gave the property to Jefferson County to be managed as part of the Jefferson County Park System. Today the park has ample open space, a playground, and picnic tables for visitors to picnic and enjoy the area.
Classification: Community Park, Small
Acreage: 4 Acres