The Jefferson County Comprehensive Community Services Program (CCS) was certified in February 2006 and started receiving consumers into the program in March 2006. CCS was certified under HFS 36 and was granted a two-year license in March 2007.
The comprehensive Community Services Program provides a flexible array of individualized community based psycho-social rehabilitation services authorized by a mental health professional for consumers with mental health or substance abuse issues across their lifespan. The services to be provided are individualized to each person's needs for rehabilitation as identified through a comprehensive assessment. The services must fall within the federal definition of "rehabilitative services" under CFR 440.130 (d) in order for the services to be reimbursed by Medicaid.
- The Comprehensive Community Services Program array of services includes:
- Recovery Planning
- Service Facilitation
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills Training
- Medication Management
- Physical Health Monitoring
- Recovery Education & Illness Management
- Employment Related Skill Training
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Diagnostic Evaluations & Specialized Assessments
The intent of the Comprehensive Community Services Program is to assist the person in living their best possible life, reducing the impact that their mental health and/or substance abuse disorder plays in their life and to assist the person in their journey of recovery.