Filing Requirements for Jefferson County Constitutional Office
Sheriff, Clerk of Circuit Court - Term: 01/07/2019-01/09/2023
County Clerk, Treasurer, Register of Deeds - Term: 01/5/2021-1/7/2025
*18 Years of Age
*Elector/Resident of Jefferson County (Minimum of 28 days)
Candidates for County Constitutional Offices must meet the for the following eligibility requirements.
1. Completion of Campaign Registration Statement - ETHCF-1
File when Candidacy publicly announced or when expending/receiving funds for candidacy.
2. Completion of Declaration of Candidacy - EL-162
3. Completion of Nomination Papers - EL-168
4. Ballot Access Checklist ELIS-16
5. Memo regarding Constitutional Ban on Felons Holding Office
6. Completion of Code of Ethics - Code of Ethics- Can be filed within 2 weeks of the filing deadline, or
by [Pursuant to Section 9.60(1) D.C. Ords.]
7. Phone number Release to Media
DEADLINE FOR FILING ABOVE FORMS: June 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for filing notification of Noncandidacy EL-163 : May 22, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
The above forms must be filed with the: Jefferson County Clerk, 311 S. Center Ave St., Room 109, Jefferson, WI 53549 (we cannot accept faxed or e-mailed documents).