Captain Paul Wallace
Sergeants: L. Handrow, K Brost
J. Hacht, H. Novotny, S. Ganser, and J. Galbraith
- Address: 411 S. Center Ave, Jefferson WI 53549-1703
- Phone: (920) 674-7310 Central Control
(920) 674-7333 Huber Division
(920) 674-7357 Jail Nurse
(920) 674-7366 Jail Clerk
(920) 674-7485 Jail Fax
The Jefferson County Jail was built in 1991. One captain, six sergeants , 30 deputies and nine civilian staff oversee jail functions. Jefferson County Jail also houses inmates from: Wisconsin State Prison System, Federal Bureau of Prisons, East and West Districts of the Unites States Marshals, and inmates from surrounding counties.
The jail capacity is 229 beds which is split between 116 secure beds and 103 Huber (work release) beds. Our average total inmate population runs between 180-190 with approximately 60 inmates using their Huber privileges.
The POD side of the jail is maximum security and houses county inmates as well other contracted inmates. Dormitories provide housing for the minimum security inmates on work release, educational, and home care privileges.
Mission Statement of the Jefferson County Jail
SAFETY - SECURITY - SERVICE
The Mission of the Jefferson County Jail Division is to provide a safe and secure environment for all those detained. While providing this vital service to the community, we are committed to serving the public in a cost effective, efficient, and professional manner.
It is with due diligence that the deputies facilitate a safe and secure environment; treating all citizens, regardless of sex, race, religious beliefs, or cromes committed, with dignity and respect.
The jail offers a variety of programs for individuals to participate in, with the intent of providing a better future for them and their families upon their release, and enabling them to give back to the community.
The jail staff is committed to a high standard of excellence, maximizing all areas of law enforcement with intense training and education. Using our resources in the most effective way possible, our training and dedication allows the jail staff to assist other divisions and provides the best quality of service possible to the community.
VISITATION HOURS AND REGULATIONS
Visitation hours are scheduled by inmates last name.
Day and Time
A through G
Sunday 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Wednesday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
|H through O
||Sunday 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
|P through Z
||Sunday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Thursday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
1. Money (Cash or Money orders ONLY)
2. Undergarments (no more than 3 sets)
Clothing will be plain with no pockets, writing or symbols.
The Huber portion of the jail is used to house inmates with work release privileges. Huber inmates are charged $17.00 per day. A $20.00 booking fee and a $6.00 drug testing fee will also be assessed at the start of a Huber inmate's sentence. There are three deputies assigned to the Huber division, these deputies keep track of work schedules and help unemployed inmates (with work release privileges) find employment.
Huber inmates starting sentences will need the following items to be released for work and/or child care.
- Work letter on company letterhead to include: hours of work, rate of pay, day(s) off and pay day. Huber inmates going out for child care will need: birth certificate(s) and work letter from the other child care giver.
- $238.00 (2 weeks of Huber charges) plus $20.00 booking fee and $6.00 drug test fee (total: $264.00) in cash or money order if sentenced for more than 30 days. If sentenced for 30 days or less, multiply the number of days sentenced by $17.00.
- Driver information from inmate or driver must include: drivers license, vehicle registrations and proof of current insurance.
- New Huber inmates are allowed to bring NEW shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, soap and toothbrush in clear sealed containers. These items can only be brought in by new inmates.
- Huber inmates can also bring a few changes of clothes. Lockers are one foot wide, three feet high and 2 feet deep, and provide minimum room for storage of clothing. Locks are provided.
- All Huber lockers are subject to random searches.
Please contact the Huber division at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.